Friday, December 18, 2009

The Truth About IndyMac/OneWest

I have a cold today and my thinking is muzzy, so this post may not be as coherent as it might normally be.

The news on my modification fight is that not much has changed. NACA still reports that IndyMac has not responded to my submission as of yet. IndyMac loan resolutions employee Mike claims that IndyMac has requested updated financials through the NACA website. NACA customer service claims otherwise.

So, basically, I am still in loan modification limbo, and IndyMac still collects a payment every month (to keep me from slipping into foreclosure) although I remain 90 days behind. I don't know how long I can keep this up as it is draining me dry.

Today, I did some reading and I found out more information about IndyMac/OneWest that is very interesting and enlightening. According to this article, OneWest never plans to do any modifications whatsoever because when OneWest acquired IndyMac from the FDIC early this year, the deal included a provision that the government would subsidize losses from foreclosures to the tune of 80-90% of the original loan amount. So, this means that even if OneWest forecloses on a home and can't recoup the value of the loan in the foreclosure sale, the government will kick in and pay 80-90% of the value, on top of what OneWest receives from the foreclosure sale. This provision all but ensures that any IndyMac mortgage will end up in foreclosure because if OneWest were to modify, it would lose out on the chance to profit.

It is no wonder, then, that all through-out this year as I have been struggling to get a modification that I have met with such resistance. Indymac/OneWest has no reason to modify. They profit from foreclosure, they profit from kicking people out of their homes, they profit from the misery they inflict on others. They have no shame and they're no better than wartime profiteers. We're in an economic war right now, and these criminals are preying on the weak.

In my earlier post, I indicated that I am ready to take the fight to the next level. Well, it appears that I am going to have little choice. So, I am going to be searching for an attorney to represent me and I am going to go after IndyMac/OneWest full bore. If I need to stop making payment so I can pay attorney fees, so be it.

Furthermore, I understand there is going to be a protest outside OneWest's Pasadena offices on January 4th. If you live in the Southern California area and you are a victim of the beast with no heart, then I urge you to attend. Together we can make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment