Sunday, December 13, 2009

Lehman Brothers & My Mortgage

The other day I found out something very interesting about my mortgage. The "investor" is a securitized Lehman Brothers trust. The servicer of that trust, Aurora Loan Services, LLC, was a wholy owned subsidiary of Lehman Brothers that somehow managed to survive the bankruptcy in tact.

What does this mean? It means that the Lehman Trust and Aurora Loan Services benefited from the government bailout and because they benefited, they MUST modify my loan pursuant to HAMP.

This entire year of hell could have been avoided had IndyMac/OneWest done the right thing. But, no, they insist on playing games. Well, I have news for them. I am newly energized and up for the fight.

If it takes allowing my home to fall into foreclosure so I can contest in in court, then so be it. I am through playing their little games and I am through waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment