Wednesday, December 30, 2009

IndyMac Is Evil

Over the past year, I have had to field numerous collection calls from IndyMac on my cell phone. I purposely gave my cell phone number to avoid calls on my home telephone number because my elderly mother lives with us and she doesn't need to hear the harassing phone calls ten times a day.

Well, just recently, IndyMac started calling my home number and completely out of the blue. Like I am going to find all of money that I owe them because they somehow found another number to call. I specifically told them under NO circumstances to call my home number and to remove it from the contact list. I was told my home number was removed.

Tonight, IndyMac rang my home number again. I went off on the representative. I told her in no uncertain terms to remove my home number and only contact me on my cell number. I told her a few other things, too. I did not hurl obscenities at her, but I did tell her that IndyMac is a criminal bank.

I am so sick of IndyMac/OneWest. I am sick of the calls and sick of them bleeding me dry while I am on the modification merry-go-round. I am sick of their tactics and I've had enough.

I am looking forward to Monday, January 4th when I can stand in protest outside of IndyMac/OneWest's offices. I hope there are thousands of other homeowners like me who attend and I hope it gets on the news. They need to be stopped. The evil needs to end.

2 comments:

  1. Same story here. They assault my cell phone every other month asking for payment, when it's not even technically late yet. I complained to customer service and they said the only way to stop it was to write a letter to them requesting that your number be removed. They claim the call is a "courtesy" call to help you avoid a late payment. WHATEVER! The guy on the phone isn't courteous at all. He wants me to pay right then!

    I think it's a cash flow problem that they are having. And this is their solution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. " I think it's a cash flow problem that they are having" nunya

    Nunya if ONLY that were true. The fact is OneEvil Bank made a huge profit the last quarter of 2009. I think it was $128 Million for the last 4 months!! And, OneEvil Bank just acquired another failing bank.

    To make all the evil bank execs at this dysfunctional bank feel better about themselves, they just created a new OneWest Foundation and contributed $10 million right around the time OneWest was sending default notices to all of us. Yep...in the press release, OneWest states they want to help "lower income neighborhoods" because it fits their new slogan "Bringing Personal Banking back to the Neighborhood" are they F'ing kidding??!!

    Unfortunately the protest on 1/4/2010 was not attended by anyone other than myself and Nikki (another distressed homeowner/customer). We were a vocal bunch but we REALLY needed the backing of a crowd. Because the turn out was so poor, news people were not interested.

    However, our loud-ness made up for our small group and we attracted the attention of many including the CEO of OneEvil Bank who came out to speak with us. I personally delivered a stack of emails from other disgusted customers. The result was the two of us there physically in front of the bank have been assigned a personal customer service representative at the local level, at the Corporate hdqts in pasadena, CA. Our loans are being reviewed once more. I am hoping they want to shut me up by giving me a generous loan modification. Of the people who emailed me their stories, they too have all been contacted and are working on loan modification reviews. It pays to speak up.

    If this 5th attempt at getting a fair and reasonable loan modification does not work, I am all for staging another protest. If any of you are interested, you may contact me by clicking on the link to my blog "January 4 2010 is National Shame IndyMac/OneWest Day...

    ReplyDelete